Pacific Northwest Soccer Club
U15-U19 Boys Director of Coaching (DOC)
Pacific Northwest Soccer Club (“PacNW”), a premier youth soccer club based out of the world-class Starfire Sports Complex just outside of Seattle, Washington, seeks highly qualified candidates to join our organization as the U15-U19 Boys Director of Coaching. As an organization, we strive to provide a best-in-class environment for player development and to help all of our players to reach their maximum potential on and off the field. The ideal candidate will be someone who shares these ideals and can passionately communicate and lead others.
The U15-U19 Boys Director of Coaching is primarily responsible for leading the Boys U15-U19 programs of PacNW Soccer Club. This individual is a member of the club’s Technical Committee and works with the club’s Technical Director and other Program Directors to develop, maintain, and implement the overall technical strategy and programming of the Club. As the Boys DOC, this individual provides oversight and management of on-field programming for approximately 18 teams in the boys U15-U19 age groups, including recruitment, selection, and development of players; oversight of the PacNW College Prep Program for boys, and helping players achieve college placement. The college recruitment and preparation aspect of this job is especially important - many players join our club to work toward their goal of playing soccer at the college level. The ideal candidate will have experience working with players to navigate the college recruitment process, or will have a clearly-defined vision of how they would address this important aspect of the job.
Specific objectives include but are not limited to conducting, supporting, and organizing the annual PacNW College Camp, Winter Classic Tournament, and other programs as needed; and the evaluation and development of the PacNW U15-U19 Boys coaching staff, as well as coaching at least two teams.
- Applicants must pass annual background checks, be able to work flexible hours including weekend events, and be available to travel as needed
- Applicants should have demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work independently
- Must be able to work as part of a Technical team, and understand, contribute to, and communicate the club technical philosophy and programming
- Applicants should have experience helping high school-aged players navigate the college soccer recruiting process.
- Applicants should be able to relate to and motivate youth soccer players, parents, and other PacNW coaches
- Candidates should have excellent organizational and conflict resolution skills
- USSF ‘A’ license (or equivalent); the club may consider a candidate with a USSF ‘B’ license with a commitment to achieve A within 12 months
- At least three years of leadership experience in a youth soccer club, college program, or academy preferred
This position reports to the PacNW Executive Director and Club President, and receives guidance/leadership from the Technical Director.
This individual will also work closely with the PacNW Board of Directors.
Salary and Application Process
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please send cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Todd Johnson, PacNW Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates should submit all materials no later than 5:00pm on Friday, April 13, 2018.
PacNW Soccer Club is an equal opportunity employer:
PacNW is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at PacNW are based on club needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations of the United States or the state of Washington. PacNW will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PacNW encourages applicants of all ages.